- RSS Channel Showcase 7923954
- RSS Channel Showcase 6866794
- RSS Channel Showcase 1409433
- RSS Channel Showcase 6538017
Articles on this Page
- 05/17/18--16:33: _LA rap legend DJ Qu...
- 05/18/18--07:33: _Girls aged 13 and 1...
- 05/19/18--11:36: _1 dead, 3 injured i...
- 05/20/18--07:15: _Hit-and-Run Driver ...
- 05/20/18--11:39: _Cyclist killed in h...
- 05/21/18--15:59: _Shared Stories: Hom...
- 05/25/18--04:45: _LAPD Human Traffick...
- 05/29/18--12:13: _Resurfacing prompts...
- 06/07/18--02:06: _Investigators seek ...
- 06/07/18--11:54: _Father Mourns 19-Ye...
- 06/11/18--00:23: _Man pursued, killed...
- 06/12/18--06:11: _Police Say Security...
- 07/03/18--13:18: _A $20,000 reward is...
- 07/13/18--10:05: _Three-Alarm Blaze E...
- 07/13/18--19:23: _Man Says He Was Wro...
- 08/01/18--10:02: _Caught on Camera: '...
- 08/01/18--12:25: _Compton Armed 'Hood...
- 05/19/18--11:36: 1 dead, 3 injured in 3-vehicle crash in Compton
- 05/20/18--07:15: Hit-and-Run Driver Fatally Strikes Bicyclist
- 05/20/18--11:39: Cyclist killed in hit-and-run crash in Compton
- 05/21/18--15:59: Shared Stories: Homage to my abuelita
- 05/25/18--04:45: LAPD Human Trafficking Taskforce Makes Several Arrests
- 06/12/18--06:11: Police Say Security Camera Caught Road Rage Incident That...
- 07/03/18--13:18: A $20,000 reward is being offered for return of the stolen weapons.
- 07/13/18--10:05: Three-Alarm Blaze Engulfs Santa Fe Springs Auto Repair Shop
- 07/13/18--19:23: Man Says He Was Wrongly Targeted as Claims of Deputy 'Gangs' Emerge
- 08/01/18--10:02: Caught on Camera: 'Hoodie Bandit' Pulls Down His Hoodie
"Every spot in Compton's got something going on, but Rosecrans is the common denominator," rapper-producer Problem told the LA Times for a story about the 27-mile stretch of pavement that provides the foundation for many of the city's best rap songs. The street is also the muse of one of Quik's best releases of late-last year's Rosecrans , a collaborative album with Problem that grew out of a 2016 EP of the same name.
Two teenage girls, described as sex trafficking victims, were rescued during a joint law enforcement operation in Compton and 27 people were arrested, authorities said today. The Los Angeles Regional Human Trafficking Task Force, along with deputies from the sheriff's Compton Station, carried out a human trafficking operation in Compton on Wednesday in the area of Long Beach Boulevard and Elm Street, said Lt.
It occurred at 3:20 a.m. at Long Beach Boulevard and Compton Avenue, said Sgt. John Silverstein of the sheriff's Compton station.
The victim, an adult male, was flung from his bicycle upon impact around midnight near the intersection of Bradfield Avenue and Alondra Boulevard, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Compton station.
Authorities are searching for a motorist responsible for a hit-and-run crash that killed a cyclist in Compton early Sunday, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff 's Department. Deputies responded to a call just after midnight Sunday at the intersection of Bradfield Avenue and Alondra Boulevard, said Sheriff's Sgt.
Speaking in the dialect of la Capital where they don't just say it, they sing it, the shaman explained the intention of el Dia de los Muertos. "The purpose of the ritual," he said, "is to remember those who have gone before us.
The Los Angeles Regional Human Trafficking Taskforce, along with deputies from Compton Sheriff's Station, conducted a human trafficking operation in the city of Compton. The operation took place in the area of Long Beach Boulevard and Elm Street, Compton, between the hours of 1p.m. and 11p.m. During the operation, detectives arrested 26 adults and rescued two female juveniles, ages 13 and 17, who they identified as commercially sexually exploited children.
Cars enter the 710 freeway at Alondra Blvd. in Compton on Wednesday, September 6, 2017. Resurfacing work will prompt overnight closures this week of up to four lanes of the 710 Freeway in both directions in the Commerce area.
Authorities Wednesday sought public help to find the hit- and-run motorist responsible for a fatal collision in Compton that killed a young man who had been set to graduate from high school on Thursday. Christopher Frushon, 19, was in a crosswalk at about 8:45 p.m. on May 26 at Wilmington Avenue north of Stockwell Street when he was struck and thrown into the air by a car that kept going.
COMPTON - "Christoper was 19 years old, but he was my best friend. We talked every day," says Gerald Frushon.
Authorities believe a man in Compton was shot dead over a "road rage" confrontation in which a suspect chased the victim down and shot him at Compton Community College, a sheriff's deputy said Sunday. Sign up for our breaking news email newsletter: When major local news happens, you will be the first to know.
The parents of a man who was killed following an alleged road rage incident in Compton over the weekend were at a loss Monday, trying to figure out why someone would fatally shoot their son. Penado, 44, of Long Beach was killed Saturday evening at Compton College following what police believe was a case of road rage.
The Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors renewed a $10,000 reward Tuesday in hopes of tracking down 31 Beretta and Glock pistols, believed to be police service weapons and stolen from a vault in Compton's old City Hall. The county money matches an identical offer from the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, putting the total reward at $20,000.
The charges come just days before President Trump meets with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Revelation About LA Deputies' Secret Clique Sparks Calls For Investigation A deputy testified that he and up to 20 other deputies have signature tattoos featuring a skull in a military-style helmet bearing the letters CPT, for Compton, along with a rifle, encircled by flames.
Ridealong with Compton Police deputies Samuel Aldama and Mizrain Orrego in Los Angeles, CA., on Wednesday, June 20, 2016 . Sheldon Lockett spent eight months in jail for a crime he says he didn't commit, claiming Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies from the Compton station set him up and made false accusations of resisting arrest and two counts of attempted murder.
Police are looking for an armed robber who briefly let down his guard -- and his hoodie -- during a heist last month at a Compton convenience store. Security camera images show the "Hoodie Bandit" pull his hoodie up around his face, but then pull it back down when demanding money from employees behind the counter.
COMPTON - Authorities are looking for a man given the moniker the "hoodie bandit" who robbed an ampm store at gunpoint in Compton earlier this month. On July 21 at 1:20 p.m., the suspect entered store located at 2820 Alondra Blvd. and brandished a semi-automatic handgun, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.